Social Media and Writing Internship
This position is currently open.
The Center for Language Teaching Advancement (CeLTA) is looking for a creative and energetic individual to develop written and visual content that advocates for the life-changing potential of language learning. Do you love languages and cultures? Do you have an innate ability to translate ideas into words, images, and stories? Then you may be the person we are looking for.
- Develop written stories for the MSU Languages blog
- Identify and interview potential language storytellers at MSU
- Brainstorm, and plan a team social media strategy
- Occasionally communicating with and reporting to other CeLTA stakeholders (administrators, faculty, students)
- Collaborate with the rest of the CeLTA team to organize annual events, outreach, and correspondence
- Creative with outstanding writing and visual skills
- Active personal social media presence
- Self-starter who loves to grow continually
- Passionate about the language learning experience
- Excellent visual media skills (DSLR and Lightroom and/or Photoshop experience preferred)
- Prior internship or work experience with communications, marketing, PR, and/or writing is not necessary, but a plus
- Excellent technology, teamwork, and communication skills
- Detail- and deadline-oriented
The fine print:
- Must be an MSU student
- At least a 3.0 GPA
- This is an unpaid position, with the intent of turning it into a paid position in the fall.
The internship follows the guidelines of MSU's Interships@State program.