Our weekly language and culture
classes for adults offer practical communication skills in the target language.
Advance your conversation skills with our experienced language instructors, interact with other like-minded people in class, and learn about the nuances of how to navigate a different culture. Experience the joy of being back on campus through this enriching opportunity that will help you keep your brain fit and stay sharp intellectually. Our small group sizes and supplemental online resources provide hands-on learning experiences for individuals with and without prior foreign language knowledge.
Spring 2020 offerings:
- German (beginners/advanced beginners): Mondays, January 20 – March 23 from 7:00-9:00 pm
- Chinese (beginners/advanced beginners): Mondays, January 20 – March 23 from 6:30-8:30 pm
- Italian (beginners/advanced beginners): Tuesdays, January 21 – March 24 from 7:00-9:00 pm
- Spanish (beginners/advanced beginners): Thursdays, January 23 – March 26 from 6:30-8:30 pm
- Spanish (advanced): Tuesdays, January 21 – March 24 from 6:30-8:30 pm
Note: There will be no classes during MSU’s Spring Break (March 2-4).
Beginner courses target learners with very little or no prior experience in the target language.
Advanced beginner courses target learners with some prior experience in the target language.
Intermediate courses target learners with prior experience in the target language.
Advanced courses target learners with significant prior experience in the target language.
All classes meet in Wells Hall on campus.
Early registration discount available until Monday, January 6, 2020.
- $225 for full session (9 weeks)
After January 6:
- $250 for full session (9 weeks)
Note: If registering after January 6th, please email Sandhya Shanker (email@example.com)
Online enrollment is open. All programs are accessible for participants with special needs. CLS must be notified at least four weeks prior to a program start date in order to determine reasonable accommodations.
Please review our Program Policies and Procedures.