Our weekly language and culture classes for adults offer practical communication skills in the target language.
Advance your conversation skills with our experienced language instructors, interact with other like-minded people in class, and learn about the nuances of how to navigate a different culture. Experience the joy of being back on campus through this enriching opportunity that will help you keep your brain fit and stay sharp intellectually. Our small group sizes and supplemental online resources provide hands-on learning experiences for individuals with and without prior foreign language knowledge.
Spring 2020 offerings:
- German (beginners/advanced beginners): Mondays, January 20 – March 23 from 7:00-9:00 pm
- Chinese (beginners/advanced beginners): Mondays, February 10 – April 13 from 6:30-8:30 pm (New schedule!)
- Italian (beginners/advanced beginners): Tuesdays, January 21 – March 24 from 7:00-9:00 pm
- French (beginners/advanced beginners): Tuesdays, February 11 – April 14 from 6:30-8:30pm (New schedule!)
- Spanish (beginners/advanced beginners): Thursdays, January 23 – March 26 from 6:30-8:30 pm
- Spanish (advanced): Tuesdays, January 21 – March 24 from 6:30-8:30 pm
Note: There will be no classes during MSU’s Spring Break (March 2-4).
Beginner courses target learners with very little or no prior experience in the target language.
Advanced beginner courses target learners with some prior experience in the target language.
Intermediate courses target learners with prior experience in the target language.
Advanced courses target learners with significant prior experience in the target language.
All classes meet in Wells Hall on campus.
Early registration discount available for the following programs until Sunday February 2, 2020.
- $225 for full session (9 weeks)
After February 2:
- $250 for full session (9 weeks)
Note: If registering after February 6th, please email Sandhya Shanker (email@example.com)
Online enrollment is open. All programs are accessible for participants with special needs. CLS must be notified at least four weeks prior to a program start date in order to determine reasonable accommodations.
Please review our Program Policies and Procedures.