CeLTA Professional Development Series
CeLTA is organizing a Professional Development (PD) series titled Trends and Innovations in Language Teaching for the Fall 2019 semester. Our PD presentations, scheduled on Tuesdays (1pm-2pm) and Fridays (3pm-4pm) focus on a variety of topics through different formats for language educators at all levels. Join us to gain deeper insights into ongoing trends in teaching methodology and to exchange resources and ideas in an engaging atmosphere! Pizza and soft drinks will be served at our Tuesday events and coffee and cookies at our Friday events.
Fall 2019 Dates
Unless indicated otherwise, all events are on Tuesdays (1pm-2pm) or Fridays (3pm-4pm) in B135 Wells Hall.
- September 10: CeLTA Town Hall
- Continued Exploration of the Research-pedagogy Link in Second Language Teaching and Learning (Transformative Pedagogies project presentation) (Shawn Loewen & Dustin De Felice)
- September 13: Target Language Immersion Opportunities Minus Traveling: Hindi & Korean (Transformative Pedagogies project presentation) (Ok-Sook Park & Rajiv Ranjan)
- September 17: Technology Work Session: D2L (Bring your own devices)
- September 24: Flexible and Interactive Multimedia Activities for your Language Course: H5P Interactive Video (Shannon Spasova)
- October 1st: Technology Work Session: H5P (Bring your own devices)
- October 4th: Teach with Film Clips! (Adam Gacs)
- October 8th: Cross-cultural Communities through the Digital Dialect Archive (IALLT Webinar) (Deric McNish & Carmela Romano Gillette)
- October 15: Technology Work Session (Bring your own devices)
- October 18: The Use of Self-Assessments in Language Classes (Paula Winke & Melody Ma)
- October 22: NO PD due to the Michigan World Languages Conference
- October 30: Mentoring and Community-building in Language Classes (Yore Kedem)
- November 5: Technology Work Session (Bring your own devices)
- November 12: Factors Influencing Language Teacher Using Technology (Haixia Liu)
- November 19: NO PD due to ACTFL Conference
- November 26: NO PD due to Thanksgiving
- December 3: Mellon Grant Update (Emily Heidrich & Koen Van Gorp)
- December 10: Engagement and Immersion in Virtual Reality Narratives (IALLT Webinar) (Nicole Mills)
Interested in sharing your own ideas? Contact Sandhya Shanker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select workshops are adapted into an online format.