General Questions

Does CeLTA offer courses?

CeLTA offers the following courses: 

Does CeLTA provide translation services?

Unfortunately, CeLTA does not offer translation services. The Language Resource Center at the University of Michigan maintains a free translation service, the Language Bank, which might be an option: It also maintains a list of recommended commercial translation services. 

Does CeLTA still handle Lost and Found for Wells Hall?

No, CeLTA no longer handles Lost and Found for Wells Hall.  Please contact the MSU Police office for Lost and Found items. 

Do you have anything in common with the CELTA test (“Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages”)?

No, we are not affiliated in any way with that test, nor do we offer it. 

Does CeLTA offer assessment services (language placement and language proficiency testing)?

More information on assessment can be found here: 

Does CeLTA offer advising for MSU students who wish to take language courses?

Please contact the advisors in the two language departments: and  

Does CeLTA have its own Certificate of College Teaching?

No, CeLTA no longer offers a unique certificate. Instead, we direct College of Arts and Letters (CAL) students in a language-related field to the general CAL Graduate Certificate of College Teaching. CAL students in a language-teaching related program/department (e.g., Second Language Studies, Romance and Classical Studies) can seek advice from Caitlin Cornell (, CeLTA’s Assistant Director, with regards to language-based options to fulfill the requirements of the streamlined certificate program. 

I am interested in working for or interning with CeLTA. What opportunities are there for me?

If you are an undergraduate student, you can find more information here:  

If you are a graduate student, you can find more information here:  

If you are a professional, please refer to official MSU HR job postings and apply through that portal.  

Faculty Questions

Can I reserve CeLTA computer lab space?

Yes. The CeLTA labs are undergoing a transformation in both space and reservation process. For Fall 2021 reservation requests, please email Caitlin Cornell ( This process may be different for Spring 2022.

Where are alternative computer labs on campus?

You can reserve Wells Hall computer labs (B102, B110s) via the regular classroom reservation process for faculty/departments. For more information, please refer to Cal Tech:

Does CeLTA provide services related to video materials for instructors? 

No, CeLTA does not provide such services. Support regarding movies, including options for streaming, are handled by the MSU Libraries, which does offer several video streaming products and faculty support. See for more information. If there is a question about the availability of a particular film, faculty should reach out to their Library liaison and/or Michael Rodriguez. 

Answers to questions regarding copyright can be found here: 

Will CeLTA buy movies for faculty? 

Movie purchases are handled by their respective departments and programs, and by the library. 

Does CeLTA provide technology support services?

Technology support is handled by the CAL Technology Office. 

Does CeLTA lend technology or resources? 

No, CeLTA normally does not lend resources to the public or faculty. For technology, please contact your department or program and/or the CAL Technology Office. 


What is the Spanish Writing Center? 

Writing is a very powerful tool to communicate the ideas in our minds, but it can be very challenging to do so in a foreign language. The Spanish Writing Center (SWC) is a valuable resource for students taking Spanish classes at MSU. Our aim is to guide you in the writing process and help you becoming a better writer. We will work together on what it can be improved in your compositions. In other words, we will discuss and review your productions and give you feedback based on organization, content and structure. It is important to know that we will NOT proofread your composition or write any paper for you. We will help you develop skills to identify grammar and punctuation mistakes and improve your overall writing skills.  

I am not enrolled in SPN 320, and I would like to receive help from the SWC. What can I do?

Due to our current student demand we are unable to extend our tutoring services to other courses; however, you can email us at to check if we have any spare time in our calendar for you.

What do I need to bring to a consultation? 

  • Have a ” .docx ” version of your composition in your OneDrive MSU account ready.
  • The instructions your professor gave you for that specific assignment.
  • Goals for the consultation. 
  • Stage of the writing process (first draft, second draft, final version, etc.).
  • Concrete questions if you have any. 
  • Any notes you find relevant for your composition (quotes you would like to use, specific bibliography, etc.).

How do I upload a copy of my draft to OneDrive?

How to Upload Documents to OneDrive
Second step to upload draft to onedrive
Instructions for the third step uploading draft to onedrive
Fourth step on uploading draft to Onedrive

What is a writing consultation like?  

The tutor will first verify the date and time of your appointment. Then, the tutor will ask you some questions relevant to the consultation (the class you are taking, instructions for that specific assignment, goals for the consultation, stage in the writing process, etc.). It is important that you give the tutor specific information so both of you can set up clear expectations for that consultation. The tutor and you will revise the composition together and you will be given feedback based on the goals you had established before. Feel free to ask any questions you may have during the consultation and ask for clarification or extra resources. If necessary, you will be asked to schedule another appointment to recheck your composition. Finally, you will be asked to complete a short survey after your consultation.   

How do I make an appointment? 

We use Microsoft Booking to schedule an appointment. Please, click on this link to schedule a 30, 45, or 60-minute consultation with one of our tutors. You will be asked to use your MSU NET ID to authenticate and then fill out all the required information in the form. Then, choose one of the available slots and confirm your appointment. You will receive a confirmation email with the information about the appointment including the tutor’s Zoom link.   

Who should I contact if I have any questions?  

Email us at and we will get in touch with you shortly.  

How do I reschedule/cancel an appointment? 

There are two options:  

1) Check your appointment confirmation email and scroll down to the bottom where it says “Have a conflict? Change your appointment”. Click there and you will be redirected to our MS Bookings website, in which you will be able to reschedule or cancel your appointment. You will receive an email confirmation shortly.  

2) Send us an email to Include information about the day and time of the appointment you want to reschedule or cancel. 

We respectfully request at least 24-hour notice for cancellations or rescheduling of appointments. Your advanced notice will allow another student access to that appointment time. 

What happens if I don’t show up for my appointment? 

We will send you an email 5 minutes after the scheduled time to check whether you are joining the writing consultation or not. If you miss more than two appointments consecutively, we will contact you to confirm your next appointment.  

The time slots that are available do not work with my personal schedule. What should I do? 

Please send us an email to We will be happy to talk to you and open up an additional time slot that works both for you and the tutor.