The Spanish Writing Center
The Spanish Writing Center is here to support students enrolled in SPN 320 and students who are recommended to attend the center by their SPN professors.
We will work together on what can be improved in your compositions. In other words, we will discuss and review your work and give you feedback based on organization, content, and structure. We will also help you develop skills to identify grammar and punctuation mistakes and improve your overall writing skills.
What writing mentors will do:
- Help you in the process of brainstorming ideas, preparing a draft, revising, and editing compositions.
- Provide one-on-one help and opportunities to ask questions.
- Help you develop skills to identify grammar and punctuation mistakes and improve your overall writing skills.
- Provide you with handouts and reference works on academic writing.
What writing mentors will not do:
- Proofread your assignment.
- Comment on grading or suggest the grade a paper might receive. (They can help students interpret and respond to professors’ comments.)
The mentoring sessions will take place over Zoom and can last 30, 45, or 60 minutes. You need to choose which appointment suits you best depending on the length and complexity of your essay. To make an appointment, click on the “Make an Appointment” tab and follow the instructions. When making the appointment, please use your MSU email address.
Students should make appointments at least 24 hours in advance and have a copy of their assignment, as well as the instructions, ready before the mentoring session.
You probably won’t be finished with your paper when your mentoring session is done, but you should have a good sense of what needs to be improved and how to accomplish the work that needs to be done.
After your mentoring session, you will receive a short survey (it will take you less than 5 minutes). We would really appreciate you complete it so we can improve our service. Feel free to make any comments on that survey.
*Students who are not enrolled in SPN 320, please see the FAQ tab.