CeLTA Professional Development Series
Every Wednesday, we host a series of workshops and talks for language educators at all levels. Join us to gain deeper insights into ongoing trends in teaching methodology and to exchange resources and ideas in an engaging atmosphere! Pizza and soft drinks will be served at all events.
Spring 2017 Dates
Unless indicated otherwise, all events are on Wednesdays, 1-2pm, Wells B135.
- January 25: Getting on board with ACTFL listening (Paula Winke)
- February 1: Participatory action research and the language curriculum (Sandro Barros)
- February 8: Designing accessible course Word documents (Kate Sonka)
- February 15: What we look at when we learn vocabulary (Xuehong He)
- February 22, 1:00-2:30pm: The ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI): What is it all about? (Koen Van Gorp)
- Friday, February 24: SLS Symposium (co-sponsored by CeLTA, ELC, MA TESOL)
- March 1: Evaluating online classes with the Quality Matters framework (Daniel Trego)
- March 15: A picture’s worth 1,000 words: An online wordless repository (Erin Degerman)
- March 22: Integrating film and storytelling in the French language classroom and beyond (Safoi Babana-Hampton)
- March 29: Know your copy rights! (Amy Blair)
- April 5: The transformative power of story: Advocating for language learning (Luca Giupponi, Hannah Robar, Kristen Gmerek, Aishu Suresh)
- April 12: Grammar for Mateo:Form-focused online activities for FRN 320 (Anne Violin-Wigent)
- April 19: CeLTA grant updates: Language Proficiency Flagship and LCTL Partnership (Paula Winke, Susan Gass, Koen Van Gorp, Emily Heidrich)
- April 26: Creating flexible, self-motivated language and culture learners (Matthew Handelman, Elizabeth Mittman, Johanna Schuster-Craig, Lynn Wolff)
Download the spring overview
Interested in sharing your own ideas? Contact Daniel Trego at email@example.com.
Select workshops are adapted into an online format.
CeLTA PD Archive