Travel the world in a day! Our free event showcases different countries and cultures. We introduce the cultures and languages, play games, sing songs, and do arts and crafts. It is an opportunity to travel the world in an afternoon.
The events generally take place on a Saturday from 2-4 pm in B-135 Wells Hall and are offered free of charge. Donations to support these events will be gladly accepted. Parking is available in the adjacent lots west of the building and in lots 79 (Spartan Stadium) and 39 (Engineering/International Center). Please note that lot 55 is reserved for vehicles with faculty and staff permits throughout the weekend.
We would like our participants to register in order for us to better plan materials and handouts. To register, please contact us via email or phone (email@example.com, 517-355-7587) and provide the following information: primary participant’s name, contact information (email/phone) and affiliation (school/institution/organization). You may add additional participants. Please provide us with the number of additional participants in each of the following categories: child (3-12 years), teens (13-17 years) or adult (above 18 years). Note that the culture event is open to kids (3 years and above) and adults!
All programs are accessible for participants with special needs. CLS must be notified at least four weeks prior to a program start date in order to determine reasonable accommodations.
- Saturday, November 2, 2019: Argentina, Belgium, China, Egypt, India, Russia, Somalia, Spain, Taiwan, Tanzania, Turkey and Uzbekistan
- Multicultural Event: China, France, Germany, India, Japan, Jordan, Mexico, Nigeria, and Turkey
- Multicultural Event: France, India, Japan, Nigeria, the Philippines, Russia, and Vietnam
- Multicultural Event: China, Korea, Mauritania, the Philippines, and Vietnam
- Multicultural Event: China, India, the Philippines, Russia, Tanzania, Turkey, and Vietnam
- Multicultural Event: China, Italy, Nigeria, Russia, and Taiwan
- Multicultural Event: China, Ecuador, Germany, and the Philippines
- Multicultural Event: Brazil, Malaysia, and Uzbekistan
- Multicultural Event: Nigeria – Hausa and Yoruba – and Tanzania
- Italian Culture Event
- French Culture Event
- Multicultural Event: Bangladesh, Senegal, and Uzbekistan
- Multicultural Event: Brazil, Israel, and Nigeria
- German Culture Event: Fasching
Please review our Program Policies and Procedures.
Over the past decade, there has been a rise in the number of children who have life-threatening food allergies. Our goal is to keep all children in a safe and inclusive environment, where accommodations are explored and implemented when safe. CLS adopted a No NUTS policy in 2016. Although we can not guarantee a nut free school, we make reasonable effort to purchase nut free products for our programs. CLS makes a reasonable effort to inform those who might bring food onto the school’s campus such as parents/guardians, teachers, and volunteers. CLS cannot guarantee a nut free campus.