Virtual Culture Experience
Our Virtual Culture Experience is scheduled on Saturday, March 13th from 1:00-4:30pm and will be held free of charge on Zoom for the general public. Online visitors will have a chance to visit multiple countries and travel the world in a day!
This virtual event is geared for kids ages 8-19 years old. We will showcase language and culture sessions in two languages: German and Swahili. Each session will have three segments:
- Cooking: Learn to Make a Simple Dish Typical of the Country
- Craft: Learn to Create a Traditional Symbol of the Country
- Movement: Learn Some Steps and Move to Music from the Country
Please fill out the registration form by clicking the links below for the session(s) of your choice.
Zoom links and list of ingredients and materials for cooking and craft activities will be sent out to registered participants.
Please register by Monday, March 1st, 2021 to reserve your spot!
- Multicultural Event: China, France, Germany, India, Japan, Jordan, Mexico, Nigeria, and Turkey
- Multicultural Event: France, India, Japan, Nigeria, the Philippines, Russia, and Vietnam
- Multicultural Event: China, Korea, Mauritania, the Philippines, and Vietnam
- Multicultural Event: China, India, the Philippines, Russia, Tanzania, Turkey, and Vietnam
- Multicultural Event: China, Italy, Nigeria, Russia, and Taiwan
- Multicultural Event: China, Ecuador, Germany, and the Philippines
- Multicultural Event: Brazil, Malaysia, and Uzbekistan
- Multicultural Event: Nigeria – Hausa and Yoruba – and Tanzania
- Italian Culture Event
- French Culture Event
- Multicultural Event: Bangladesh, Senegal, and Uzbekistan
- Multicultural Event: Brazil, Israel, and Nigeria
- German Culture Event: Fasching
Please review our Program Policies and Procedures.
Over the past decade, there has been a rise in the number of children who have life-threatening food allergies. Our goal is to keep all children in a safe and inclusive environment, where accommodations are explored and implemented when safe. CLS adopted a No NUTS policy in 2016. Although we can not guarantee a nut free school, we make reasonable effort to purchase nut free products for our programs. CLS makes a reasonable effort to inform those who might bring food onto the school’s campus such as parents/guardians, teachers, and volunteers. CLS cannot guarantee a nut free campus.