Virtual Culture ExperienceS
The MSU Community Language School is partnering with MSU Extension to host three Virtual Culture Experiences showcasing India, Turkey & China . The Virtual Culture Experiences are geared for everyone 8 years and above and are free! The each cultural experience will showcase language and culture sessions in four segments:
Language: Learn Some Basic Words and Phrases
Cooking: Learn to Make a Simple Classic Dish from the country
Craft: Learn to Create a Traditional Symbol of the country
- Movement: Learn Some Steps and Move to Music from the country
Zoom links and list of ingredients and materials for cooking and craft activities will be sent out to registered participants.
More information and registration links:
*Indian Virtual Culture Experience: Saturday, March 19th, 1pm-3pm (EST)
Register at: https://forms.gle/JzgJHVs1KCsNnRL89 Registration deadline has been extended to Thursday March 10th!
*Turkish Virtual Culture Experience: Saturday, April 2nd, 1pm-3pm (EST)
Register at: https://forms.gle/vY4ooqTfZmASMRcz5 by Monday March 21st to reserve your spot!
*Chinese Virtual Culture Experience: Saturday, April 9th, 1pm-3pm (EST)
Register at: https://forms.gle/G62NuzA2TEugw8448 by Monday March 28th to reserve your spot!
We look forward to seeing you at our events!
- Syrian Virtual Culture Experience, Nov 6, 2021
- Italian Virtual Culture Experience, May 22, 2021
- Virtual Culture Experience, March 13, 2021: German & Swahili
- Virtual Culture Experience, November 21, 2020: Hindi, German, Japanese
- Multicultural Event: China, France, Germany, India, Japan, Jordan, Mexico, Nigeria, and Turkey
- Multicultural Event: France, India, Japan, Nigeria, the Philippines, Russia, and Vietnam
- Multicultural Event: China, Korea, Mauritania, the Philippines, and Vietnam
- Multicultural Event: China, India, the Philippines, Russia, Tanzania, Turkey, and Vietnam
- Multicultural Event: China, Italy, Nigeria, Russia, and Taiwan
- Multicultural Event: China, Ecuador, Germany, and the Philippines
- Multicultural Event: Brazil, Malaysia, and Uzbekistan
- Multicultural Event: Nigeria – Hausa and Yoruba – and Tanzania
- Italian Culture Event
- French Culture Event
- Multicultural Event: Bangladesh, Senegal, and Uzbekistan
- Multicultural Event: Brazil, Israel, and Nigeria
- German Culture Event: Fasching
Please review our Program Policies and Procedures.
Over the past decade, there has been a rise in the number of children who have life-threatening food allergies. Our goal is to keep all children in a safe and inclusive environment, where accommodations are explored and implemented when safe. CLS adopted a No NUTS policy in 2016. Although we can not guarantee a nut free school, we make reasonable effort to purchase nut free products for our programs. CLS makes a reasonable effort to inform those who might bring food onto the school’s campus such as parents/guardians, teachers, and volunteers. CLS cannot guarantee a nut free campus.