CeLTA Professional Development Series
Every Wednesday, we host a series of workshops and talks for language educators at all levels. Join us to gain deeper insights into ongoing trends in teaching methodology and to exchange resources and ideas in an engaging atmosphere! Pizza and soft drinks will be served at all events.
Fall 2017 Dates
Unless indicated otherwise, all events are on Wednesdays, 1-2pm, Wells B135.
- September 13: Surviving technology: Finding your way with so many choices (Dustin De Felice)
- September 20: Reading, writing, and genres in lower-level language classrooms (Charlene Polio)
- September 27: Beyond essays: Creating anthologies in the literature classroom (Katie McEwen)
- Friday, September 29: CeLTA Signature Speaker Series: Gary Ockey (Wells B342)
10:00-11:30am: Creating more authentic oral test constructs and tasks (workshop)
3:00-4:00pm: Selecting speakers with “appropriate” speech varieties for an L2 listening assessment (talk - reception immediately following)
- October 4: Effective writing: Who decides? (Carol Arnold)
- October 11: Meet the CeLTA Fellows! (CeLTA Fellows)
- October 18: Basic Outcomes Student Self Assessment (BOSSA): Improving language learning through self-assessment training (Gabriela Sweet)
- October 25: Collaboration in materials development: LCTL Partnership processes and materials (Emily Heidrich, Koen Van Gorp)
- November 1: Listen up! Including more listening in the language classroom (Adam Gacs)
- November 8: Creating inclusive and accessible language learning environments (Nate Evans)
- November 29: Machine translation: A tool for cultural and linguistic literacy (Catherine Ryu)
- December 6: Integrating film and storytelling in French language classrooms and beyond (Safoi Babana-Hampton)
Download the fall overview
Interested in sharing your own ideas? Contact Sandhya Shanker at email@example.com.
Select workshops are adapted into an online format.
CeLTA PD Archive