CeLTA Professional Development Series
Our PD Workshops are now moved to Tuesdays from 1pm-2pm. Every week, we host a series of workshops and talks for language educators at all levels. Join us to gain deeper insights into ongoing trends in teaching methodology and to exchange resources and ideas in an engaging atmosphere! Pizza and soft drinks will be served at all events.
Spring 2019 Dates
Unless indicated otherwise, all events are on Tuesdays, 1-2pm, Wells B135.
- January 22: CeLTA Town Hall
- January 29: Creating Language Boxes with STEAM in Mind (Leonie Hintze)
- February 5: Beyond Plays and Role Plays: Drama Techniques for Enhancing Interpersonal and Intercultural Communication (Özgehan Uştuk and Amanda Lanier)
- February 12: Tales from the Language Teaching "Trenches": Conversations with K-12 FL Educators in the MAFLT Program (MAFLT Graduate Students)
- February 19: Language Teaching Resources from Title VI Centers (Joy Campbell)
- February 26: Challenges in L2 Hindi writing (Rajiv Ranjan)
- March 5: No PD Workshop-MSU Spring Break
- March 12: No PD Workshop-AAAL Conference
- March 19: No PD Workshop-TESOL Conference
- March 26: Teaching Interculturality Across the Curriculum: Activities for Instructors of International Students (Karolina Achirri)
- April 2: Authentic Scenarios with H5P (Shannon Spasova)
- April 9: Presentations by CeLTA Fellows
- Exploring the Interface of Explicit and Implicit L2 knowledge (Kathy MinHey Kim)
- Is it really helpful to read aloud texts to students? (Bronson Hui)
- Perception of the Effect of Xiezi App on Character Writing among Beginning Chinese Language Learners (Wenying Zhou)
- April 16: Presentations by CeLTA Fellows
- Attention Caught: Output Activities to Improve Attention and Learning (Xuehong (Stella) He)
- A World of Difference: Meeting the Real Needs of Teachers in an EFL Context (Alyssa Bulow)
- A Digital Repository for Exploring Language Identities in a Multilingual World (Peter De Costa)
SS19 PD Flyer.pdf
Interested in sharing your own ideas? Contact Sandhya Shanker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select workshops are adapted into an online format.
CeLTA PD Archive