Every summer, we offer language and culture day camps for children ages 6-12 on campus. The camps generally take place for one week (Monday-Friday) from 8:30 am – 4 pm. Morning-only options are available for most camps (8:30 am – 12 pm). No previous knowledge of the language is necessary and children of higher proficiency levels can be accommodated. Older and more advanced children may also serve as facilitators if they are interested.
Online enrollment for our 2019 summer camps opens on Friday, March 15, 2019. All programs are accessible for participants with special needs. CLS must be notified at least four weeks prior to a program start date in order to determine reasonable accommodations.
- Spanish session A*: Monday-Friday, June 24-28, 2019, 8:30 am – 4 pm (full day or morning only)
- French session A*: Monday-Friday, July 8-12, 2019, 8:30 am – 4 pm (full day or morning only)
- Chinese: Monday-Friday, July 22-26, 2019, 8:30 am – 4 pm (full day or morning only)
- French session B*: Monday-Friday, July 29 – August 2, 2019, 8:30 am – 4 pm (full day or morning only)
- German: Monday-Friday, July 29 – August 2, 2019, 8:30 am – 4 pm (full day or morning only)
- Japanese: Monday-Friday, August 5-9, 2019, 8:30 am – 4 pm (full day or morning only)
- Spanish session B*: Monday-Friday, August 12-16, 2019, 8:30 am – 4 pm (full day or morning only)
*We are offering two French and two Spanish camps this summer. The topics covered in both camps are different. Students can register for either or both camps.
Early registration discount (full payment due by May 31, 2019):
- $275 for all-day camps (sack lunch provided by parents)
- $135 for half-days
After May 31:
- $295 for all-day camps (sack lunch provided by parents)
- $145 for half-days
Multiple-child/-program discounts are available (10%). To qualify, registrations must be on the same transaction. Need-based scholarships are available as well. Please refer to our Program Policies and Procedures or contact our office for more information.
Before/after care is available upon
request for an additional charge.
Before care runs from 8:00-8:30 am, after care from 4:00-5:00 pm. Rates are $3 per morning or per afternoon, $6 per day, $30 per week. Please contact our office to set up B&A. We require a minimum of 2 students signed up to run before/after care session on any given day.
Please refer to Summer Camps for Teens for more information about our French, Korean and Spanish Teen Camps.
Please review our Program Policies and Procedures.
Our curricula are theme-based and include topics such as numbers, things in my room, animals, our town, activities and hobbies, my friends, directions, or fruits and vegetables. Different activity types are alternated with games and hands-on as well as visually activated learning. In our lessons, we try to connect the new knowledge with the community by visiting campus locations such as the dairy store and the botanical gardens.
Over the past decade, there has been a rise in the number of children who have life-threatening food allergies. Our goal is to keep all children in a safe and inclusive environment, where accommodations are explored and implemented when safe. CLS adopted a No NUTS policy in 2016. Although we can not guarantee a nut free school, we make reasonable effort to purchase nut free products for our programs. CLS makes a reasonable effort to inform those who might bring food onto the school’s campus such as parents/guardians, teachers, and volunteers. CLS cannot guarantee a nut free campus.