This position is currently filled.
The Center for Language Teaching Advancement (CeLTA) and English Language Center (ELC) are looking for a dedicated individual with an attention to detail to produce media, such as videos, photos, and multimedia content for the two centers’ marketing, communications, and social media efforts. Own equipment may be used, or it will otherwise be provided.
The Media Developer and Strategist works with the Directors and staff of CeLTA and ELC to boost the visibility of the two centers.
This internship is paid and can be taken for MSU credits. A passion for writing for content creation and creativity is a must.
The Media Developer and Strategist intern will learn from and work with current staff, graduate assistants, and interns in an open, collaborative space in Wells Hall. We are an active, collaborative team that will give the intern a lot of space for creativity and the possibility to make a meaningful impact while learning with an active and engaged team. Some work time may be spent off-site.
- Attend events to take photos, videos, and conduct interviews
- Assist in posting news items
- Assist with social media updates (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter)
- Work out of the CeLTA and ELC offices in Wells Hall about 10 hours per week during the academic year
- Other duties as assigned
- Candidates should have an interest in Communications, Public Relations, Media production, and/or Marketing
- Photography and video recording and editing skills
- Communication and writing skills a must
- Social media experience (e.g. Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Experience or interest in creating content and editing websites
- Must work well with a team, demonstrate attention to detail, and be deadline-oriented
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA